National Fuel Gas Company (Buffalo) Meter Reader in Buffalo Metropolitan Area, New York
Buffalo Metropolitan Area. National Fuel Gas. Meter Reader. FT. Benefits.
Application Deadline: December 19th, 2018
National Fuel is currently hiring Meter Readers for outstanding career opportunities in our Operations Department. Candidates must be available to work in the Buffalo Metropolitan Area as well as other locations within our Western New York service territory. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
* Accurately and efficiently read residential and commercial gas meters
* Manually input meter readings in a handheld computer device
* Work outdoors extensively in all types of weather and walk for long distances
* Handle customer inquiries and perform collection work
* Identify and report meter irregularities and report safety hazards
* Work in potentially hazardous environments such as dark basements, roof tops or industrial facilities
* Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
* Have access to a vehicle for work use
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
* The ability to drive a small company truck or van
* Basic literacy is required. Ability to read, legibly prepare written documentation and have the ability to accurately interpret and analyze written information.
* Available to work a flexible work schedule Monday through Saturday between the hours of 7:00 am and 8:00 pm.
* The ideal candidate should be self-motivated
* Possess excellent customer service skills
* Proven track record of good attendance and committed to work place safety
* Good communication and computer/data entry skills
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company's collective bargaining unit with an hourly rate of pay of $14.50/hour plus daily incentive pay based on the number of meters read.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
* Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
* Paid Sick Time
* Dental Coverage
* Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers
* 401(k) with Company Match
* Life Insurance
* Company Funded Retirement Savings Account
* Flexible Spending Account
* Paid Vacation
* Charitable Giving Programs
* Paid Company Holidays
HOW TO APPLY:
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format if emailing) by December 19th, 2018 to:
Metro Meter Reader - Position #18-027NY
6363 Main Street
Williamsville, NY 14221
Email to: email@example.com
Please reference position #18-027NY - Metro Meter Reader in the subject line of your email
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES, WOMEN, DISABLED, PROTECTED VETERANS