Ballston Spa National Bank AVP, Business Development Officer, Wealth Management in Ballston Spa, New York
BSNB is seeking an Assistant Vice President, Business Development Officer in our growing Wealth Management Solutions Department. The Business Development Officer will focus on working with small businesses in regard to employee retirement benefit plans, as well as look for opportunities to meet the wealth management and fiduciary needs of affluent clients, interfacing with the client and centers of influence, in addition to management. The Officer will generate, retain, and expand relationships with new and existing customers through referrals, centers of influence and direct prospecting. The Business Development Officer will be responsible for developing relationships with qualified prospects and identifying specific opportunities to convert them to customers, coordinating with a retirement benefit plan third party administrator. Successful candidates will typically:
• Work with Commercial Banking Officers and other lines of business and centers of influence to identify prospects for employee retirement plan management.
• Call on existing or prospective clients in order to build new business, develop relationships with referral sources, identify and capitalize on opportunities.
• Make calls independently or with other lines of business to develop new business with high wealth prospects.
• Consistently meet established calling and referral targets.
• Apply knowledge of fiduciary and retirement planning strategies to benefit clients and prospects.
• Communicate effectively and tactfully both verbally and in writing.
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends, products, and technology to broaden new business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years' experience in employee retirement plan administration and education. Business development experience in the financial services industry, with a 4-year degree in Business, Finance, or related field preferred. Candidates must have a track record of prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships in the capital district area, and experience with employee benefit retirement plans. Candidates will have strong negotiating, sales and relationship building skills. Well-developed communication skills are a must. Demonstrated PC skills and membership in civic and professional organizations required.
BSNB provides a friendly and rewarding work environment and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and tuition reimbursement. Interested candidates apply online at: www.bsnb.applicantpro.com.
BSNB is an Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin. BSNB is a VEVRAA employer and has a desire for priority referrals of protected veterans.